November 17, 2015 – November 17, 2015
121 SW Salmon Street
Please join us on November 17 at the World Trade Center, 121 S.W. Salmon Street, in the Flags room for the Oregon LERA 2015 Awards Reception and Annual Meeting.
AWARDS RECEPTION (The Maggies)
The awards reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. and features catered hors d’oeuvres and a no-host bar. All Oregon LERA members receive complimentary admission, and the admission charge for non-members is $20.00. (Not yet a member of Oregon LERA? We will credit the event admission charge toward your 2015-2016 LERA dues (regularly $40.00) when you join.)
The 2015 honorees and their nominators are:
- Cherry Harris*, Coordinator (Retired), International Union of Operating Engineers Local 701. Nominated by Barbara Diamond, attorney and Talia Stroessel, attorney at Bennett Hartman Morris Kaplan, LLP.
- Tracy Barton, RPh, NW Local Representative of Guild for Professional Pharmacists, Pharmacist at Kaiser Permanente. Nominated by Kaiser Permanente Senior Labor Relations Consultants Ivy Markesino and Jonathan Donehower.
- Rob Nosse, Labor Relations Representative, Oregon Nurses Association. Nominated by Todd Lyon attorney at Fisher and Phillips Attorneys, and Alan Yoder and Whitney Wong at ONA.
- Barbara Diamond, Labor attorney. Nominated by Talia Stroessel, attorney at Bennett Hartman, Morris & Kaplan, LLP Attorneys; Nathan Sykes, Deputy Metro Attorney, Metro Regional Government; Paul Gamson, retired Chair of the Oregon Employment Relations Board; and Erica Askin, Business Manager, Laborers, Local 483.
- Tim Caplice, Vice President Human Resources, Consolidated Metco. Nominated by Joe Kear, Business Representative/Organizer, International Association of Machinists, District W24 and Ron Ferguson, Human Resources Manager, Consolidated Metco, Inc.
- Wayne Landsverk, Partner, Miller, Nash, Graham & Dunn, LLP, Attorneys. Nominated by Todd Lyon, Partner, Fisher and Phillips Attorneys, and Michael Tedesco, Tedesco Law Group and University of Oregon Law School.
- Darrell Clark, Commissioner of Mediation, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. Nominated by Jim Bailey, Arbitrator, Paul Stuckenschneider, Arbitrator, and Julie Kettler, Commissioner, FMCS.
*Ms. Harris was inadvertently omitted from a prior announcement of honorees; Oregon LERA regrets the error.
The annual meeting of Oregon LERA will immediately follow the awards reception. The agenda includes:
- A motion to modify our Bylaws language: the Board proposes changing the Webmaster title to Vice President for Communications; and
- Election of the 2016 Executive Board. Interested in running for the Board? Please submit your name ASAP to Oregon LERA, PO Box 8816, Portland, OR 97207.